Oaks on Marketplace
Oaks on Marketplace
- Units | Built Date: 254 units | Built 2017
- Purchase Price: $36.2MM ($142,500/unit or $167/sf)
- Loan: $27MM, 4.19% Fixed Rate, 10-yr term, 5-yr interest only
- Rehab Budget: ~$500/unit
Why do we like this opportunity?
- Diversity: 2 different properties in 2 different markets (DFW & Austin) with different strategies (one with more current yield & one with a lot of upside). Both properties are being purchased at an attractive cost basis.
- Known Submarkets: SPI owns similar product in both submarkets…The Strand in Kyle (~2 mi from Oaks) & Skyview West in N. Fort Worth (~3 mi from Bella Vista).
- Growth, Lifestyle, & Education: Both properties are in high growth locations on the I-35 corridor. Each has access to high-quality retail. And, both are in desirable school districts: Bella Vista in Keller ISD; Oaks in Hays ISD.
- Rental Upside: Oaks is ~$90/unit or 6.5% below market, compared to the current rents of the competitors in the marketplace. Bella Vista is materially below its competitors with ~$400/unit or 35% below market compared to the current rents of the competitors in the marketplace.
How can you prepare in advance?
- Monies Ready: Ensure that you have moved your monies into the account from which you will wire the funds to us & that they are in cash & cleared.
- Important: We will not process your paperwork until the monies are ready.
- Title Ready: Consult with your CPA & determine now how you will invest (taking title). Set up title in advance: Individual, Joint, Entity (LLC or Corporation), Trust, or Self-Directed IRA. We will not allow you to take title one way & change title later.
- For entities or trusts, these should be fully setup: setup with State, fully executed agreements in place, & have setup an IRS Tax ID & bank account.
- Accredited Investors: This will be a 506(c) raise, so we can only accept accredited investors. The easiest way to prove you are an accredited investor is to get a Third-Party Verification Letter completed in the name of how you plan to take title for the investment.
- Sample Letter: Click the “Third-Party Verification Letter” button below.